Who We Are
What Dreams Are Made Of...
Bill and Vicki Head moved to Hilton Head in 1986 from Northern Kentucky. Bill was a Mercedes Benz Technician at a local dealership, dreaming one day to open his own auto body repair shop. Vicki was a nurse, dreaming of starting a family. In 1993 H & H Auto Service opened a 2500 square foot warehouse with 2 lifts on Hunter Rd. Bill was a one man shop; answered the phones, fixed the cars and ordered the parts. We adopted our first child, Whitney from Peru. Three years later, 1996 we adopted our son, Michael from Costa Rica. Our family was complete and H&H Auto Service was growing!
Through the years...
"Our Auto Service & Auto Body Shop Milestones"
- 1993 our dreams of starting a family and our own business became a reality.
- 1996 we expanded to 5000 sq feet and 5 lifts and 5 employees
- 2000 we purchased a lot at 35 Hunter Rd the future H&H Auto Service site
- 2001 we started construction on our state-of-art auto repair and sales center
- 2003 Scott Mallon, joined H&H as Vice President of Sales and Operations
- 2003 H&H moved into our 8000 sq ft premier auto repair & auto sales center
- 2003 we hired 3 more Technicians and Mercedes Benz Specialist, 2 Service Advisors, a Service Manager, and Parts Department Person
- 2003 H&H Auto Service acquired a SC Auto Dealers License
- 2004 H&H opened a detail shop, expanded our Tire Sales Department.
- 2004 H&H employs 13 employees working full time
- 2004 H&H Auto Service received the Hilton Head Island/Bluffton Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Award
- 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 H&H Auto Service Voted #1 Auto Repair by The Island Packet and Monthly Magazine Readers Choice
- 2005 Bill Head named the SBA South Carolina Business Person of the Year
- 2005 Bill Head represented our state of South Carolina at the 2005 SBA Expo in Washington, DC
- 2005 Bill and Scott formed a real estate corporation and purchased 17 Cardinal Rd Hilton Head Island a former auto body shop
- 2005-2007 Bill stored his collection of classic cars in the auto body shop and H&H Auto had an indoor sales facility
- 2006 Bill with dreams of opening a restoration and auto body shop, researched the possibility of turning his dream into a reality
- 2007 H&H Auto Body evolved through encouragement from our H&H Auto Repair customers and the dream of restoring classic cars
- 2007 H&H Auto Body LLC, became incorporated and the process began of building a state-of-art auto body repair shop to meet and exceed the industry standards agreed to by repair experts and insurance companies
- 2007 Grand Opening H&H Auto Body, LLC 17 Cardinal Road, Hilton Head
- 2007 H&H Auto Body became a Direct Repair for several major insurance companies
- 2007 H&H was recognized by the industry for our quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction
- 2007 Our pledge is to provide superior craftsmanship and customer satisfaction
- 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 H&H Auto Body has been Voted #1 Auto Repair/Body Shop by The Island Packet and Monthly Magazine Readers Choice Awards
- 2009 H&H Auto Body added a second Paint Booth in addition to our Down Draft Booth
- 2009 December H&H Auto Service: Scott and Bill have sold over 800 cars!
- 2009 H&H Auto Body invests in the ProSpot Welder Recommended by All OEM Manufactures
- 2010 H&H Auto Body launches our Website
- 2010 H&H Auto Body signs on with Autowatch a cutting edge technology providing online 24/7 customer access to view the progress of their vehicle repair
- 2010 H&H Auto Body joined ASA
- 2010 H&H Auto Body became a Certified
- I-Car Gold Shop
- I-Car Gold Class-Trained Professionals
- 2010 Vicki Head joined WIN, a Professional Womens' Group of Collision Specialists - Attended 2011 Conference in Orlando, Florida
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, LOYALTY & REFERRALS “YOU ARE DRIVING OUR REPUTATION”
- Growing by leaps and bounds
- Continued Education for Technicians and Staff
- Incorporate "Lean Processes" in our daily routines
- Community Involvement
- Help our Customers, where we can in these stressful economic times
- Build relationships with our Customers - "Our Friends become our Customers and our Customers become our Friends!"
- Hired a Marketing Ambassador January 30, 2012
- Establish a V.I.P. card program to develop new customers
- Developed a new fleet presentation and aggressively seeking new fleet business
- Developed a new community small business partnership program
- Established an insurance awareness program